Platinum One Destinations: Confidence In and Out of Your Business

Sunday, April 20, 2008 ·

got the idea for this post while making calls for my Platinum One Destinations home business. What one woman said to me really touched me down deep and made me want to do anything I could, whatever I could, to make her see in herself what I could tell was a strong inner core.

Confidence. Just saying the word can bring a straightening of my shoulders, the slump out of my back and the strength back to my voice. Confidence- a word that can make you or break you in your P1D business, your relationships, your work- in basically any area of your life.

What this woman said to me was this. "I am 37, a stay at home mom of four kids, with no skills who is going through a divorce. I don't want to work for $8 an hour but I cannot find anything that I would be good at." No skills, no skills- just managing four children to me is an amazing task. I get overwhelmed by just one some days and cannot even imagine two let alone four. Stay at home moms have so many skills, skills they do not even know that they possess. Authority, organization, compassion, and the ability to multitask just to name a few.

While I disagree with what she is saying, I can understand and really empathize with where she is coming from. Going through emotional turmoil, whether it be a divorce, losing your job, feeling financially out of control, or feeling like you have lost your purpose can have a toll on your confidence and your self worth. What matters though is not where you came from but where you are going to go.

There are so many people in this business who took that leap of faith and whether they lacked confidence in themselves or in the skills in this business, I get so excited to see what they have made and where they now have focused their lives now that they are a part of the Synergy Marketing Group.

Carol McCord was a stay at home mom for many years when her husband lost over half of his income as a pilot due to 9/11. Carol went looking to get back into banking after holding "fun" jobs in a dress shop and found that banking had changed in twenty years and that she couldn't get a job paying the $30,000 that she had been making when she left. She started in Platinum One Destinations and she will be the first to say that she had no confidence in herself and her abilities to make it. Three and a half years later she is now one of the top income earners in our business.

Due to a son who was born with some health problems, Brett Waddell had to find another source of income then cleaning the kitchen grease hoods. While he made good money he was away from his family at all hours since he couldn't do his job unless the restaurants were closed. His challenge- he really didn't know anything about computers. He barely knew email, he didn't know how to copy and paste.His solution was plugging into the system that the Synergy Marketing Group provides for members of Platinum One Destinations. Within a short time Brett gained the skills and the confidence of being on the computer and now not only has he had several $20,000+ months in his business, he also runs the morning motivator Monday through Friday. It is his way of helping others gain the confidence and motivation they need in their business.

Holly Marshall was no stranger to home businesses but her lack of success and her mounting bills had gotten her to the point where she felt like a failure. It seemed no matter what she tried it didn't work. Her self esteem was shot and her house was in foreclosure. Enter Platinum One Destinations. She knew in her gut this was the one that was going to change things around. Digging deep she found the courage to borrow the money from a family member to get started. She was right it. P1D was the right one and now she has not only gained her confidence back but has remodeled her house now that it is out of foreclosure.

These three examples show me that no matter where people come from, no matter what their circumstances it is possible. When I speak with people on the phone that have seemed to have lost their zest for life and their confidence in their abilities I just want to show them story after story and hope that they realize that it can be done.

Whether they come into Platinum One Destinations or not all that I can hope for is that maybe one word or one sentence that I say will give them back that hope again. The hope and the faith and the belief that THEY can achieve anything they want to. And if that gives them the confidence to move forward in any direction than my day was well spent.

0 comments:

Contact Me

Bob Biss
bob@gop1d.com
800-576-2790
For more information go to:
The Economic Power in P1D!

About this blog

Everything you need to know about Platinum One Destinations, NetTrav, and the Synergy Marketing Group. I cut to the chase, give you the bottom line, and provide the tools for you to be successful in this business.

P1D provides a simple proven formula and a revolutionary travel product that is creating waves in the networking marketing industry.

Recent Posts

Welcome to My P1D Blog

Hello, I am Bob Biss, one of the cofounders of the Synergy Marketing Group, the marketing arm of Platinum One Destinations. For an up close and personal chat with me go to the About link at the top of the page.